Sunday 25 October 2009

Let me eat cake

As described by Whisk Kid: 'OH SNAP! THIS CAKE IS CRAZY!'

She is a culinary genious! http://whisk-kid.blogspot.com/2009/08/say-it-with-cake.html

It is the most amazing cake I have ever seen.
Ever.
I actually cried the first time I saw it. :')
And then I thought, hmm she's said the recipe, it can't be too difficult...! And I laugh every time I compare my attempt with hers!


It took my friends Frances, Ellie and I 6 hours to create this monster. We used about 10 packets of butter and more icing sugar than I have ever seen! When we'd finished, it was as heavy as a small child. We stuck candles in at jaunty angles, and it resembled the millennium dome.
We were so proud of it! It was for Liv's birthday. She was thrilled :) and we took it to school, and our art class ate it :)

4 comments:

  1. You SO did not fail! I think it's awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hehehehehe. You've got me gigglin' away. I even made the hubby come look! "It was as heavy as a small child!"

    You crack me up!! Thanks for the laugh, it's a beautiful cake.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww....good attempt. I am going to attempt the rainbow cake this week...and I have to say that this is a real reality check.

    ReplyDelete